Los días de la semana

Los días de la semana

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Read aloud Spanish books

Where do you find Spanish books for your kids and students?

I hate buying a ton of books because my own children just read too many! So I want to share something I have been doing.

Hoopla is a free app and website that links to your library card. On the search bar I simply put SPANISH and then usually it suggest Spanish Children. When I click there I get a GIANT list of options.
https://www.hoopladigital.com/. You can click on the ❤️ and create a list of favorites that you can borrow as you go. 

So, how do I know what books are appropriate for each of my kids and students?
If your school works with AR levels, then the Renaissance website will become your BFF!!!! I just search the title, and BOOM! I know the level!
I click on Parent, and then I am able to search for pretty much everything! Depending on my student's proficiency levels, I also challenge them to take the AR comprehension tests in Spanish.






I hope this is helpful to you, your own children and students. I know having the app be free allows you to share titles for the parents to pick from and use during virtual learning.

**I am not affiliated to either one, just sharing what has worked for me, my children and my students during this difficult time adjusting to virtual learning. **





------ Connect with me -------










No comments:

Post a Comment